Leveled Reader.com ACCEPTS SCHOOL PURCHASE ORDERS*! Just add your items to your cart and choose Purchase Order* as your Payment Method during the checkout process. After you complete your order you will see a congratulations page with our FAX # (866) 405-1568 for sending your PO to.
When we were asked by school administrators and teachers to provide pre-leveled contemporary literature to parents, we knew that we also wanted to provide a resource for our children’s teachers. You are the cornerstone of our community reading programs and your work is appreciated.
In support of your leveled reading (or guided reading) program, we are pleased to offer books that are already leveled and pre-packaged according to current leveled reading criteria. We’ve used the Guided Reading criteria (Fountas & Pinell) as our primary resource. We’ve also included a simple comparison chart for use with other leveling systems.
For you this means that the latest leveled books for kids are now at your fingertips. Just log-on to LeveledReader.com for summaries and reviews of what’s new in children’s literature. We also recommend that you subscribe to our mailing list – just enter your email in the box provided on the right side of any of our pages under “News” – to receive email announcements when we do large product updates or have interesting news to share. When you’re ready to order books for your guided reading program we make it easy because we accept school purchase orders!
For your students, our website allows their parents to supplement reading in your classroom with reading at home. Refer parents to LeveledReader.com for easy, on-line purchasing of the right leveled books to support your recommendations for at home reading. Parents will find it much easier to get kids reading at the right guided reading levels when they can engage their child in the purchase process and find leveled books that match their child’s interest.
- We believe in trade book literature which provides a rich language experience.
- We look for basic building blocks to literacy such as sight word development. and numerous opportunities for additional vocabulary development with context sentences and illustrations which provide strong support.
- We also believe that a balance between phonics and meaning in reading instruction is important. We look for books that provide a good, satisfying story in which kids can try out their letter-sound correspondence skills.
- We also want to ensure our titles give children the motivation for learning to read. So our books give you plenty of fuel for talking about meaningful topics in the storyline.
- Whether enjoying a good book with their teacher or mom and dad, we want kids to have every opportunity to hear and use good language models, develop the concept of print, and a sensitivity to language patterns
- Just as important to our children’s reading experience is the quality of the storyline. We make it easy for you to order beautiful books that are filled with opportunities for children to think creatively, respond critically, and use their imaginations.
So please browse our website and enjoy your selections. You will be investing in first-class literature that makes it possible for your child to have a positive experience as a reader.
*Public School Districts Only. Private Schools please inquire